Sunday, February 28, 2010

late winter

not sure what rose this is, but i love it. Its fragrant and blooms all summer.
an antique variety that is fragrant and blooms all summer. close up of the same rose.








Hey! its been a while since ive blogged. Last weekend the weather was spectacular and I spent 2 glorious days gardening. I attended a Garden Council mtg. where the speaker was a master gardener specializing in roses. OMG I had a lightbulb moment as our speaker demonstrated the proper way to prune roses. She used waterproof glue to coat the fresh cuts so the wasp wont lay her eggs on the end and the larva wont be able to penetrate the stems. I came home and pruned all my roses. Im cut and brused, but have a great sence of acomplishment. Now for some rose pix from last year for inspiration....

No comments:

Post a Comment