Monday, January 31, 2011

Nice weather FINALLY!


This is Will of Will and Michelle. I have been "urged" to begin describing my activities at our gardens. I plan on pocketing a camera to help describe what takes place month to month at our home. I hope this ongoing description of "how I roll" will be of interest to you. While in the midst of a real winter, before our gardens can look like this ----------------------->
there is alot of work to do. At the end of fall, I began collecting Oak leaves from the front yard. I take them to the basketball court that my son never uses and chop them up with my Gravely tractor. We then add them to the cleared vegetable garden plots( I have three 50'x50' plots and let them sit/keep down any weeds. over the winter. I got 3 loads of well composted horse manure(still kinda smelly) and added a 2" dressing over the top and looked forward to the opportunity to till them all together. I will let upcoming (today) winter rains soak the nutrients into the soil.

No comments:

Post a Comment