Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Anatomy of a wedding

We had a big (260) wedding for the daughter of some very close friends of our at the house on Sat. night. I did all the decorations and wedding flowers. I thought it might be fun to share all that goes into getting it done......

The rental co setting up the 40'x 60' tent on Thurs a.m.
It was a really big tent.

I picked up the flowers Thurs. morning. It takes a long time to unwrap , strip the leaves , recut the stems ,and put them into buckets with fresh water. I chose summer flowers with a garden look and feel. My Bride wanted a elegant, southern, summer feel.





 The sunflowers were for the food tables.








I just love a big bucket of sunflowers.

All the flowers ready to be arranged. I still have to pick flowers and greenery from the yard.
 Cute painted port a potties.
The ceremony site.
 starting on the birdbath at the ceremony site on Sat. a.m..
 My crew(4) total, working to make the inside of the tent beautiful. The chandaliers were way too plain, so we added greenery and flowers.
 The  tables were set with white cloths and had sage green burlap toppers. I alternated centerpieces, big bowls of peaches and hydrangea blossoms on some, and antique bottles with flowers on the others.


 My girls in the cool basement starting the bouquets.
 To be continued.....

5 comments:

  1. I thought you didn't do weddings?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do for family and close friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must have made some beautiful memories for a special bride!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As the Mother of the Bride, I can tell you our memories are wonderful!! Everything we had ever dreamed! It also helped that Bonne and Michelle had the same vision! It was beautiful and we want to do it again!!! Will and Michelle were wonderful! It could not have happened without all their wonderful helpers!

    ReplyDelete