Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Spring chores@ Oakton

Wed. March 26.... I could easily become overwelmed with all that needs doing around here. For instance, yesterday afternoon, I finally got around to pruning and tying up my climbing rose in my kitchen garden. It looks so neet and tidy I cant wait for blooms. This rose has been in the ground for 3 years now and has reached the top and half way down the other side. It blooms deep red with about a million petals of fragrance. Sorry I lost the tag but I got it from Chamblees rose nurcery in Tyler texas. I also transplanted an old climber (origional to the house) to my new arbor leading to the pool area. It blooms tiny pink in early Spring with a slight fragrance. I hope it makes it. Ill let you know. My lettuce seeds are up as well as raddish, onions and chard. Its just beginning. Im off to chop down unrooly rosemary bushes that are eating up my walkways. I hope to back all this up with photos as I learn how so bare with me.
till we meet again,
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment