Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Snake in the garden!!!!yuck

mon. April 7th
I have been cleaning and cutting back my garden for 2 weeks now without incident, until today. Now mind you I have been gardening for 30+ years, so I am no rookie when it comes to critters. I can handle all spiders, worms, beetles, grubs, moles ,voles, chipmunks etc. I can not stand snakes of any kind. I know all the benefits of non poisiones snakes in the garden , however I dont want them ever in my garden. So after finishing up cutting back all the germander edging in my kitchen garden area, I was transplanting a boxwood next to the steps when I ACTUALLY TOUCHED A SNAKE(thank God I had my gloves on). He or she was very little,8to10" long, grey in color and no I didnt stay around to see if his head was pointed or round. My scream brought my faithful boarder collie, Shane, running to my side. By then the snake was long gone and I was through for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment