Thursday, July 16, 2009

eggplant

So sorry its been so long to get a post out. Ive been a little busy lately. The gardening chores are neverending. I am 1/2 Italian and have never really liked eggplant, untill yesterday. I had an over abundance of eggplant, some small and purple and some small and white. I could decide on how to prepare them(baba ganuce) is my usual way. Let me back up for those that dont know me , and say that I cant spell. Never have and never could. Please overlook mispelled words. Anyway, as I often do I consulted epicurious.com and typed in the word eggplant and found 345 or so receipies. I hapened to have all the ingredients for one so I made it. Im a total convert. I loved this receipe soooo much that I will actually buy eggplant during the winter. So im going to share. Let me know how you like it.
Herb Roasted Eggplant with Tomatoes and Feta
.1 13/4 lbs eggplant cut into 1"cubes
.4 large plum tomatoes cored and quarted
.3 tbls. olive oil
.2 tbls. sherry vinegar
.2 tbsp. fresh orregano
.1/2 cp. feta cheese
*preheat oven to 450. Put veggies into a cookie sheet with sides. Toss with olive oil, vinegar, salt and orregano and roast for 30-40 min till golden. Stir periodically. Cool in the pan, transfer to a bowl and add feta. Serve at room temp.
This is so yummy. I hope y'all enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment